Universiade 2025 Germany
Summer Universiades are the world’s largest sport events after Olympic and Paralympic Games. Around 10,000 students from 170 nations compete in 15 fixed and up to 3 optional sports in a biannual rhythm. In the event, which is hosted by the international university sports association - Fédération Internationale du Sport Universitaire (FISU) – young and aspiring student athletes as well as numerous established professional athletes are in the focus of attention. Further, the combination of sport event, an international science congress and a broad social and side event program presents a broad platform for a multi-layered intercultural event, which can unfold positive effects far beyond the time of the competitions.
As a basis for a sound assessment of the question of whether and with which city or region Germany will join the official international bidding process for the hosting rights of the Summer Universiade 2025, the parameters had to be defined, potentials of selected cities and regions had to be analysed and the need for further clarification assessed. With this background, the German University Sports Association (adh) has commissioned PROPROJEKT to do a detailed feasibility assessment. As a result, the Rhein-Ruhr region was selected as a potential host region and specific concept recommendations were elaborated.
- Analysis of the potential of German cities / regions to host the Summer Universiade
- Evaluation of technical criteria, identification of optimisation potentials, estimation of the organising budget
- Exploratory negotiations with FISU regarding a more flexible approach to technical and operative requirements
- Further detailed concept elaboration for the Rhein-Ruhr region
- Strategic consultancy and support in political committee communications and discussions