Tram Shed Sachsenhausen
After the dissolution of the tram depot in Frankfurt Sachsenhausen belonging to the VGF Public Transportation Company, a competition for ideas was started searching for functional and creative solutions for the future use of the more than 100 year-old heritage-protected ensemble, the 8,700 square meter site and its surroundings. Beyond the preservation of the heritage-protected depot building and a required residential use of 50%, public use areas should be included.
In cooperation with WPV Baubetreuung GmbH, PROPROJEKT was commissioned by the VGF Public Transportation Company Frankfurt with the supervision of the idea contest. In addition to the preparation and organisation of the competition, PROPROJEKT has done the preliminary examination of the submissions and supervised the jury meetings.
- Creation of the competition task and assignment
- Organisational and content management of the competition
- Coordination with all involved planning stakeholders
- Preliminary examination of the submissions
- Creation of the pre-examination report
- Preparation, realisation and documentation of the jury meetings
- Documentation of the process and publication of results