Sport Tourism Development Ajara
The Autonomous Republic of Ajara, located on the Black Sea, is one of the economically fastest developing regions in Georgia. Due to its unique landscapes, it is one of Georgia’s tourism centers, with tourism being a key sector of Ajara’s economy. Therefore, the local government of Ajara is keen to further develop the tourism sector and diversify it by creating opportunities for international sports tourism.
The Ministry of Finance and Economy of the Autonomous Republic of Ajara has commissioned PROPROJEKT together with AS+P to analyse the existing sport infrastructure in the region and to design a sport tourism concept including high-performance training centers. In the first stage a comprehensive benchmark analysis of state-of-the-art elite training centers and recreational sports resorts is conducted and the sport activity of potential user groups in the region is analysed together with current sport trends. Based on the results, potential sites for an adapted training center are evaluated, one concrete training center planned and an initial business plan for its operation created. Beyond, opportunities for hosting international sport events will be evaluated and initial recommendations given.
- Benchmarking of high-performance training centers, sport tourism resorts and strategies
- Demand analysis regarding sport activity with implications for a training center
- Identification of suitable international sport events
- Site selection and planning of a high-performance training center
- Initial operating concept and business plan