Olympic Winter Games Bid Almaty 2022
Almaty, commercial and cultural centre of Kazakhstan, is a true winter sports city, host of the Asian Winter Games in 2011 and the Winter Universiade in 2017. After unsuccessfully applying for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in 2014, the City of Almaty took a second chance to win the right to host the Games in 2022. The bid process for the Winter Games 2022 saw some unexpected twists and turns, finally leaving only two Candidate Cities in the race for the Olympic Winter Games 2022: the Chinese capital Beijing and the City of Almaty.
Together with Masterconcept, a planning and consulting firm based in Salzburg, and Abold - Büro für Markenkommunikation, based in Munich, PROPROJEKT Planungsmanagement und Projektberatung GmbH and its partner company AS+P - Albert Speer + Partner GmbH were commissioned to perform the technical bid management for the Almaty 2022 Bid Committee from November 2014 until the Host City Election on 31st July 2015.
PROPROJEKT coordinated both the development of the Almaty 2022 Candidature Files and the subsequent visit of the IOC’s Evaluation Commission to Almaty.
- Technical and Strategic Consultancy
- Bid Management and Stakeholder Coordination
- Concept Development and Coordination of Candidature File Content
- Development of Accommodation Concept
- Comprehensive Financial Data File and bottom-up calculation of OCOG and Non-OCOG Budget
- Project Coordination and on-site support during IOC Evaluation Commission visit