Bid Legacy: Master Plan Active City
After Hamburg’s bid for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2024 was stopped by a negative public referendum in November 2015, both people and politics of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg called for an evaluation of all project ideas developed during the bid and a continuation of those facilitating the long-term improvement of the city.
PROPROJEKT together with AS+P were assigned by the Senate of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg to compile those project ideas that were planned in the field of sport into an integrated planning concept for Hamburg. In the first half of 2016, PROPROJEKT and AS+P in close cooperation with various local actors in Hamburg and guided by the city’s decade development strategy ‘HAMBURGmachtSPORT’ compiled the Masterplan Active City. The Masterplan is planned to be the new political concept with regard to sport in Hamburg. It aims at developing Hamburg into a city that is in motion, where people are fascinated by sport and active in their daily lives. The strategy’s focus is the updating of sport venues. Altogether, the Masterplan is made up of 26 projects and 6 recommendations in the fields of sport in schools and clubs, sport in public areas, sport for all, young talent sport and elite sport. All projects will be implemented by 2024 and will move forward both sport for all and elite sport in Hamburg.
- Review of requirements and needs
- Examination and evaluation of Olympic Bid concepts and projects
- Major Event Screening
- Overall project design including time and cost estimates for concrete projects
- Coordination with relevant authorities
- Presentation and documentation
- Kanus und Stand Up Paddler auf der Alster: www.mediaserver.hamburg.de / Witters GmbH Sportfotografie
- Cyclassics Hamburg: www.mediaserver.hamburg.de / Witters GmbH Sportfotografie
- Segeln auf der Außenalster: www.mediaserver.hamburg.de / Witters GmbH Sportfotografie
- StadtRAD Alster: Foto: www.mediaserver.hamburg.de / Roberto Kai Hegeler
- Tennisstadion Rotherbaum: AS+P – Albert Speer + Partner GmbH / Johannes Arlt