Development concept for the Olympic Park Berlin
The approx. 160-hectare Olympic Park Berlin is a sports and event venue of international standing and at the same time a unique ensemble of sports and architectural history. Today, athletes from over 20 clubs and associations train on the site, which is also the headquarters of around 30 sports organizations. However, a high maintenance and renovation need for the existing premises and sports facilities has been identified until the year 2050. In this context, PROPROJEKT was commissioned by the Senate Department for Home Affairs and Sport, Olympiapark Berlin, to create an overall use and development concept, which forms the basis for future structural measures, utilisation for training and competition operations, as well as event use.
In the development process, based on an inventory analysis and an extensive participation process with tenants and users, an overarching idea for the strategic positioning of the Olympic Park in the Berlin and Germany-wide sports landscape was developed. In the next step, measures and recommendations for the implementation of this idea were developed and time and cost estimates provided. The result is an overall use and development concept that will serve as a guiding plan for the further development of the Berlin Olympic Park for the next ten years.
- Inventory analysis regarding renovation and investment needs, utilisation and user requirements as well as usage potential and restrictions
- Identification of areas of action
- Implementation of a participation process
- Development of an overarching idea and definition of an integral future concept
- Development of measures to implement the overarching idea
- Name of recommendations for action including implementation schedule and cost estimate
Areal View: Senate Department for Home Affairs and Sport