As part of the first construction phase of the Deutz campus of the Technical University of Cologne, BLB NRW Cologne organized tendering competitions for "Building A" and the "Lecture Centre". In each of these two-phase competitions, 7 participants in the "Building A" procedure and 8 participants in the "Lecture Hall Center" procedure were selected for the 2nd phase.
PROPROJEKT was commissioned to support BLB NRW Cologne with the cost control of the submitted competition designs and to advise in the respective jury meetings. The cost control included in particular the plausibility check of the cost assumptions submitted in the competition process with regard to cost groups 300 and 400 and according to DIN 276. The submitted work was individually assessed by comparing the construction costs depending on the respective design and identifying design-dependent cost drivers or cost outliers.
- Elaboration of a basic calculation on the basis of the published competition documents and comparison with the client's upper cost limit
- Review and plausibility check of the cost assumptions of the competition participants
- Comparison of the competition entries depending on the design-dependent area indicators and values
- Comparison of the construction costs depending on the design (architecture, construction quality, materials, etc.)
- Identification of design-dependent cost drivers or cost outliers
- Advisory and participation in the jury meetings
- Preparation and presentation of the results for the preliminary report
Lecture Centre: Staab Architekten GmbH
Building A: wulf architekten gmbh
Model picture: Thilo Schmülgen; TH Köln