Architectural Competition Baufeld 26 Nord
The construction site ‘26 North’ is the last unplanned construction site in Frankfurt‘s Europaviertel, where the City of Frankfurt has held out the prospect of a skyscraper with residential usage. To ensure the quality of urban development, an architectural competition in accordance with the Guidelines for Planning Competitions (RPW 2013) was carried out in coordination with the Planning Department of the City of Frankfurt am Main and the Association of Architects and Urban Planners of the German State of Hesse.
PROPROJEKT was commissioned to organize and conduct the process and to pre-examine the architectural designs. The competition was conducted as a single-phase architectural competition with 6 participants. The aim of the competition was to develop an architecturally appealing and economic design solution taking into account the required objectives of the owner.
- Configuration of the formal conditions
- Formulation and coordination of the content of the competition in agreement with the owner, the Planning Department and the Building Supervision of the City of Frankfurt and the Association of Architects and Urban Planners of Hesse
- Development and distribution of the competition document and formulation of the main tasks
- Preliminary examination of the architectural designs
- Preparation and realization of the jury conference
- Completion and documentation of the competition
Baufeld 26 Nord Projektgesellschaft mbH, KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten