Educational Facilities in Frankfurt a.M.
Due to the demographic developments in the city of Frankfurt, there has been a considerable increase in the need for schools and kindergartens. The resulting tasks represent an enormous additional challenges for the city administration. In addition there is a considerable backlog of needed renovation of existing school buildings and the lack of suitable sites for expansions, provisional and new buildings.
The municipal objective is the implementation of an integrated social infrastructure planning, which not only ensures a timely coverage of the demand, but also promotes sustainable urban development. With regard to the complexity of the measures and the high number of stakeholders, it is important to develop innovative strategies, clearly structure tasks and to optimize the coordination processes.
In this challenging task, PROPROJEKT has been an experienced partner of the city of Frankfurt am Main for several years and offers support in all areas of educational facilities.
Evaluation of basics
- Providing advice to decide technical, educational and economic project parameters for school development projects (“phase 0”)
- Creating a land cadastre and related measures for the decision-making process in the search of locations for educational buildings
- Development of a model room book for all school types
- Development of a standardized functional program for kindergartens
- Economic feasibility analysis and comparison of different investment and operating models
- Consultancy on possible tendering strategies and types of procurement for school facilities
- Handling the call for tenders of planning and construction services for all specialist trades (total approx. 10 tenders for 20 school projects)
- External allocation of "Planning, Construction, Operation" for an Integrated Comprehensive School (PPP)
- Organization of competitions for school projects
- Project management and client representation for school construction
- Controlling and overviewing of ongoing and upcoming construction measures for schools
- Development of decision-making and monitoring tools for prioritizing actions for school construction according to budget
- Implementation and coordination of an organizational structure to accelerate four school construction projects
- Implementation and control of an organizational structure to accelerate administrative processes